Located not far from famous Montalcino, in the sought after Val D’Orcia area of the Siena countryside, this historic castle dates back to the 14th century and has 7.5 hectares of land, with a further 11 hectares available. The estate also has an octagonal chapel built in the 16th century. The 3,800 sqm castle requires complete restoration and would be an ideal location for a luxury boutique hotel.
This stunning castle is located a few kilometres from renowned Montalcino, in the Val d’Orcia area in the Siena countryside. Montalcino is world famous for its popular Brunello wine and in fact the entire area is renowned for the production of excellent wines. Other important cities in the area are Montepulciano (about 35km) and Pienza (about 20km).
Siena is approximately 40 minutes away, and is one of the most beautiful and visited cities in Tuscany because of its rich history, works of art and local traditions and it is here that the Palio di Siena takes place each summer in Piazza del Campo. The popular horse race has been a tradition in Siena since the Middle Ages.
The property offers scenic views of the surrounding countryside and is located in an ideal area for wine making.
The castle measures approximately 3,800 sqm and is on 3 floors, plus a basement. The castle is divided into two separate areas, connected by a central courtyard with an characteristic well. A beautiful family chapel that dates back to the 16th century completes the estate. The castle requires complete restoration works and is ideal for anyone interested in purchasing a historic Tuscan castle and transforming it into a luxury boutique hotel.
Current State and Condition
The property requires complete restoration works.
Utilities and Services
Utilities can be obtained as part of the restoration process.
The estate is ideal as a very impressive large residence or a luxury, boutique hotel.
Energy Class G
* Montalcino 17km, * Montepulciano 32km, * Siena 45km, * Florence 120km
Beaches & Lakes:
* Trasimeno Lake 55km, * Livorno 200km, * Viareggio 220km
* Florence 119km, * Pisa 200km, * Rome Fiumicino 220km
* A1 highway, * Motorway to Siena
* Golf Club Valdichiana, is the perfect location for golf enthusiasts to participate in the sport http://www.golfclubvaldichiana.it/;
* Club Ippico Senese is a wonderful place to enjoy horseback riding near Monteriggioni http://www.clubippicosenese.it;
* Golf Club La Bagnaia offers an expansive golf course, as well as a luxury resort with spa services http://www.hiltonhotels.it/italia/la-bagnaia-golf-and-spa-resort-siena-curio-collection-by-hilton/golf/.
Annual Festivals in the Area
* Cantiere Internazionale d’Arte, Montepulciano: every July, opera, music, prose, art and multimedia become apart of this wonderful festival in Montepulciano. Thanks to the many well-known artists that participate each year, Montepulciano, was able to gain national recognition in its fine arts sector.
* Pienza Music Festival, every summer in Pienza, this amazing festival brings together, professional violinists and violists to perform their music for the public, in concerts and in-house recitals.
* Resort Castello di Casole, a luxurious 5 Star resort, with delectable Tuscan dishes, for all to enjoy https://www.castellodicasole.com/ristorante-tosca-1;
* Osteria Acquacheta can be found in the heart of Montepulciano. The restaurant is a popular meeting point for the village residents, and is much appreciated by the locals for its genuine cuisine and atmosphere http://www.acquacheta.eu;
* Le Logge del Vignola is a chic restaurant where visitors are also able to indulge in traditional cooking classes http://www.leloggedelvignola.com/.
* Luxury Resort La Bagnaia was once a medieval village and now performs as a luxurious 5 Star Resort with a golf club and SPA http://www.labagnaiaresort.com;
* Etruria Resort & Natural SPA is a 4 star hotel in Montepulciano. Their attention to details and quality of service will leave you with an unforgettable and positive experience http://www.etruriaresort.it/.
* character property
* historic property
* more land available
* private access road
* Val D’Orcia
(please note, this may not be the properties exact location due to security reasons)