The townhouse is located inside a typical Tuscan farmhouse, in a beautiful hamlet with swimming pool, and has two private outdoor spaces, one on the front and one on the back. The ground floor consists of a large living room with a wood stove and access to the garden, a fully-equipped eat-in kitchen with access to the other garden with a patio canopy, ideal for al fresco dining, a closet and a bathroom with shower and washing machine. In front of the kitchen garden there is access to the condominium area and the swimming pool, which enjoys a beautiful view of the ancient village of Semifonte, the town of Barberino Tavarnelle and the Florentine Chianti. From the garden of the living room through a pedestrian gate you can access the road that runs along the hamlet. On the first floor there are two double bedrooms, one single bedroom, and two bathrooms, one with shower and one with bathtub. On the attic floor there are some multipurpose rooms. The house is equipped with LPG heating and air conditioning with hot / cold function. It is furnished in a classic Tuscan style with some modern details. The floor is in terracotta and the ceiling in some rooms is vaulted and in others with beams and bricks. The complex is in the countryside but can be reached via an asphalted road. The property has two private parking spaces, plus in the village there are two other parking spaces available to condominiums, assigned periodically according to needs.
The Borgo is located in an ancient hamlet called Semifonte in antiquity. Less than 30 minutes from Florence and Siena so truly in a great location in the Chianti hills. Semifonte was a fortified city, which at the end of the twelfth century became a fierce opponent of Florence. Today this name indicates a locality near Petrognano, in the municipality of Barberino Val d’Elsa, province of Florence. The name derives from the Latin Summus Fons (‘summit spring’ or ‘water spring at the top of a hill’), which later became Summofonte and finally Semifonte. The castle first and then the city were founded, around 1177, by Count Alberto IV degli Alberti di Prato, becoming, in short, one of the most powerful centers of the Valdelsa, as well as an imperial stronghold in the area. This was immediately frowned upon by the Florentine Republic, which opposed it in every way. In 1202, Semifonte, after a siege started in 1198, was defeated, conquered and immediately destroyed by the troops of Florence. Florence decreed that no building could ever be built on that hill again. This prohibition has, in fact, been respected until today, with the exception of the Chapel of San Michele, erected in 1597 on the top of the hill on a project by the architect Santi di Tito (1536-1603), who, with difficulty, had obtained the approval of Ferdinando I de ‘Medici, then Grand Duke of Tuscany.