La casa di Glauco
This is an apartment on the second floor of the main building of the old restored Castle (the other buildings being the bell tower, the mill and the church). The apartment is very characteristic with its wooden beams and terracotta floors and is beautifully furnished. Lovely views and very bright.
The apartment is made up of living room with kitchenette and fireplace, bathroom and bedroom.
Communal garden and swimming pool .
Gaiche is worth being remembered not only for its historical events but also for its statute of the year 1318, that is the oldest of Umbria and for being the birth-place of Beato Leopoldo.
The oldest document about the place goes back until 1245 and it is in the banishment register containing the witchcrafts made under the reign of Giovanni Aldebrandi. Then it appears like a castrum in a judicial register of 1258, then in another catalogue of 1260 regarding an impositio bladi and finally in that of 1282, where also its population, 86 families, is shown. In 1817, with the restoration of the rural districts, the community ceased to be an autonomous one and became a village of Piegaro.
(please note, this may not be the properties exact location due to security reasons)