6 Bedroom Restored Farmhouse With Cortona Views
ITALY, TUSCANY, AREZZO, CORTONA
A luxurious 6 bedroom 18th Century stone farmhouse with heated pool & air conditioning. On a hilltop position on 3 hectares of beautiful grounds with olive groves, wooded hills & stunning views of the medieval town of Cortona.
It provides a great location for those who wish to enjoy the peaceful, unspoiled surroundings of the Tuscan & Umbrian countryside, yet be close to local activity, restaurants, & historic sites.
The traditional 18th-century stone villa, with airy, spacious interiors, is perfect for large groups and families. It has been meticulously restored by Tuscan and Umbrian artisans to an exquisite mix of traditional rustic style and gracious elegance.
Set on a hill, all of its windows provide breathtaking views. The three-storey house, made of local stone & chestnut wood, has floors of handmade Umbrian tile and is filled with thoughtfully chosen antiques and custom made furniture complimentary to the house.
On the ground floor:
– Spacious and beautifully furnished living room with air conditioning, 42″ satellite TV, dvd/cd player, ipod dock, Wi-Fi throughout house and at pool, french doors with panoramic views
– Formal dining room with marble renaissance fireplace and barreled ceiling
– Great working kitchen for 12 with farmer table & benches, pantry, outdoor cantina, 3 sinks, island, outfitted with a DeLonghi coffee maker, Miele dishwasher, microwave/steamer, Samsung large refrigerator/freezer with water/ice dispenser, filtered well water, Ilve professional oven & stove, granite counters, cantina, ceiling fan
– Laundry room with washer and dryer, sink, clothes line, ironing board, hamper
– Entrance with double glass doors, coat rack and bench
– Guest bathroom with marble sink
– 1 queen master bedroom with ensuite bathroom with 2 sinks and shower. With glass door leading to garden. next to:
– 1 twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom with tub/shower
– Year round outdoor dining for 12 in the covered pergola with outdoor kitchen with gas BBQ, sink, fridge, & pizza oven
– Queen Master bedroom air conditioned (in cottage accessed through pergola) with ensuite bathroom with shower. next to:
– 1 Twin room air conditioned with separate glass door to garden with ensuite tub/shower
– Double height Library with fieldstone fireplace, leather couches, 46″ Flat screen TV, desk, PC with broadband internet, printer/fax
– Queen Master bedroom with air conditioning with ensuite bathroom
– Queen master bedroom with reclaimed brick fireplace and air conditioning. with ensuite bathroom with separate sunflower head shower, clawfoot tub, and 2 ceramic bowl sinks
– Mezzanine overlooking Library with bookcases & stools – a quiet area perfect for reading and relaxing
– Private outdoor patio with stone steps leading to garden, pergola & pool.
4 acres of the property have been fenced in and the villa is accessible via an automatic gated entrance. Recently planted Syrah vineyard.
Energy class: G
* character property
* Swimming Pool