It was 1942 when the famous Tuscan architect and landscaper, Mr. Pietro Porcinai, was commissioned to build this Villa near Anghiari. The work of the world-famous architect is easily recognizable in the park that surrounds the Villa and whose focal point is a waterfall surmounted by a neoclassical temple.
The Villa, renovated in the 2000s, is spread over 4 levels. On the lower floor, the Sala dei Cavalieri with a beautiful cross roof deserves particular mention. On the ground floor there is the bright living area and the upper floors house the bedrooms.
In the vicinity of the villa there is a large multipurpose room of 107 square meters, an outbuilding of 111 square meters, a Votive Chapel of 31 square meters, orangery of 103 square meters as well as other small volumes used as a garage, changing rooms and laboratory.
The property includes a swimming pool and tennis court.
The property covers an area of approximately 11 hectares.
POSITION: Anghiari is a Municipality of the Province of Arezzo. It owes much of its fame to a battle that took place in 1440 between the Milanese troops and a coalition made up of the Republic of Florence, Venice and the Papal State. It was in 1503 that the two great geniuses of the Renaissance, Michelangelo Buonarroti and Leonardo da Vinci, were called to represent two victories of the Republic inside the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence and Leonardo’s choice was precisely for the battle of Anghiari. Unfortunately, this work was lost due to the insufficient techniques that were experimented by Leonardo but that was enough to deliver this event to history. Today Anghiari is counted among “The most beautiful villages in Italy” and still has evidence of its past. It is an ideal starting point to reach all the places in Central Italy including Florence, Arezzo, Siena and Umbria. Easy to reach the airports of Rome and Pisa.